I had a great CNY eve playing Hide-and-Seek and Monkey with my little cousins. And I felt really old.
This year's reunion dinner was different. Previous years, it would be like some major event, with my entire extended family gathered at my granddad's place (my extended family's by no means small). And I never saw the point of such a reunion dinner, cos there's always bound to be an atmosphere of animosity due to some problems going on (big families have many never-ending problems).
This year, it was just a dinner with my immediate relatives. I didn't enjoy the yusheng part (everyone was so concerned about lifting it high up for prosperity that I was left with a few strands to stir at the bottom, not that I minded, it was quite amusing), neither did I utter a single word at the table. But I thank God for the quality time spent with my cousins. I guess there's kinda a huge age gap, but thank God that we're still able to click. And I guess, I should really spend more time with them.
Hope that your CNY eve has been awesome too. A day of visiting awaits. Blessed CNY, and Blessed Valentine's Day. Keep shining for the Lord even in this festive period. God bless! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment