Monday, February 8, 2010

Drinking the midnight oil

For a week or so, I have been taking work at a slower pace. Indeed, it is a GREAT achievement for smaLLy for it means 'letting go'. Like all things, there are opportunity costs and in this case, it meant that my workload has piled up. Despite this, I still made the decision to hang out with church friends today instead of heading home to do work. I am glad I made such a decision. Being new and slightly older, I wanted to know them better, to be with them more, to create memories together. I want to be part of them, to be one of them where we can draw from a pool of common experiences on our outings and 'craziness' together. The fellowship is important. The building of relationship is important. The want to be in the midst of them to share and laugh is important.

The rest of the night was spent with family and extended family. I was pretty tired by the time I got home. But because I have played so much these days, I have to stay up to clear some work. (especially when CNY is just round the corner!)
DRINKING MIDNIGHT OIL might sound depressing but it's awesome when you unite in small groups to pull through the night...working.

One thing I love about doing work at such wee hours is the stillness of the night. The cool breeze add on more perks. I simply love it. Sometimes, these can be such distractions that I find myself stoning...to simply enjoy my surroundings. The air smells good...sweet, and the breeze is refreshing. The stillness of the night is calming. So no matter what whirlwind that has gone ahead within me earlier, it is ceasing, it has been convicted.

有你爱的地方就是天堂!

婷z

2 comments:

  1. I love the stillness of the night too, not when I have to drink the midnight oil, but the night at that time's just so serene.

    Am blessed by your post, by your decision to let go. Of course, it's still important to work hard (yeah, reminder to myself). But what's most important is to just give your best in all that you do and trust that God is in control of everything. Commit your studies to Him, His plans are always perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes I agree with Ruth. For we are all gonna be behind you, just like how God is always behind all His CHildren. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails