As I've mentioned before, I'd never ever looked forward to CNY. Visiting was almost a torture to me and I couldn't really be bothered about it. This year, I somehow adopted a more positive mindset and decided to look more presentable. But turned out that other than having lunch at my granddad's place (which is a 5-second walk away so that's not really counted), we didn't go visiting at all. If it'd been previous years, I'd have done a cheer or something. But this time, I was kinda disappointed.
I guess it's something new, to spend a large part of my first day of CNY in the quietness of my home. Well I did play with my cousins for a while in the afternoon, so thank God for the time spent with them. It's a pity my mum had to work, so we couldn't visit my maternal grandparents. I kinda wish to see them. Next week, hopefully.
I don't really feel like I'm celebrating CNY, I've got nothing in my house that has anything to do with the occasion (but it's like that every year), neither have I gone or am going visiting. But thank God for the quality time with my cousins, that means a lot to me. And thank God, by His grace, I'm less negative towards the occasion this year. Other than a point in time where I was a little uncomfortable when my aunt asked about my GPA and how I fared as compared to my friends. Ha.
So that was my peaceful little CNY. Hope you guys had an awesome one. I'm sure it was way more heippening than mine! Hahaha. Enjoy the rest of your holiday! Keeping you guys in prayer. :)
I believe you are not alone. :) hahaa. How I miss those times when everyone was around, if not we go Kuching to celebrate with our maternal grandma. That then was the type of Faustian dream for me.
ReplyDelete